日期:2024-10-10 16:44 点击:
what's eating you?
也可以说成 what's bugging you?
意思其实是What is annoying or bothering you?
比方说,你现在看起来心情非常不好,你的朋友出于关心可能会问你what's bugging/eating you?
这个俚语的使用可以追溯到19世纪后期,大概用“吃”来表达“消耗”的意思。bug的口语变体出现于1940年左右,意思是“烦扰”。
When something is eating at you, it is consuming your thoughts, time, and energy. It makes you depressed and you suffer from it. This phrase is asking someone who looks depressed why they are not happy.
当有东西在吃你的时候,它其实是在消耗你的思想、时间和精力。它会让你感到沮丧,你会因此而苦恼。这个短语是在问一个看起来很沮丧的人为什么他们不开心。
例:
A. You seem really upset. What's eating you?
你看起来很沮丧。什么事让你不开心了?
B. I got dumped, and I feel terrible.
我被甩了,我感觉很糟糕。
A. Sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到这个消息。
what's it worth (to you)?
said when you want to know what someone will give you if you give them the piece of information they have asked for
对我会有什么好处呢?
例:
A: Do you know where Dave's living now?
你知不知道戴夫现在住在哪里?
B: What's it worth?
告诉你对我有什么好处?”
what's not to like?
used to say that you think something is very good, and that nobody could disagree with your opinion
(表示认为非常好)有什么不好的呢?
例:
It's a big house with a swimming pool. What's not to like?
一座带着游泳池的大屋,还能有什么不好的呢?
what's that (all) about (then)?
used when you do not understand why something or someone is so popular or fashionable
(用于表示不理解为什么某人或某物如此流行)那算是什么?
例:
Pierced tongues - what's that about, then?
在舌头上穿孔——那算是什么?
思源教育(原上海交大思源进修学院,简称思源教育)成立于1996年,自建校以来,秉承校训,提供专业的高考高复、三校生高复、艺考生文化课等,学生遍及全市各区,至今已帮助六万多余名学子取得优异成绩,成功考入理想的各级院校!20余年来思源已成为“中考教学研究中心”、“中学个性化学习教育基地”、“快速学习法”实验学校。
400-678-9493 致远交复徐汇三校生高复校区
(详情请点击) 徐汇区广元西路12号(工商银行隔壁)400-678-9493 致远交复中高考学习中心
(详情请点击) 徐汇区华山路1988号汇银大厦北楼619400-678-9493 思源教育龙漕路校区
(详情请点击) 徐汇区龙漕路223号思源教育