新概念英语

新概念英语-表达生病不舒服的习语!Some “sick” idioms!

日期:2019-06-06 10:13  点击:

习语的表达力很强,比直白的描述更为生动。多掌握一些习语,对丰富你的英语表达能力非常有帮助!

 

今天我们就学习几个关于生病或不舒服的习语。先学常用的一个:

under the weather

生病;不舒服

 

 

I feel sort of under the weather today.

我今天有不舒服。

 

Whatever I ate for lunch is making me feel a bit under the weather.

午餐吃的不知什么让我有点不舒服。

 

* * * * * * * * * * 

 

under the weather指的是轻微的生病、不舒服的感觉,如果想表达病得较厉害,可以用:

(as) sick as a dog

病得厉害

 

I haven't been avoiding you. I've just been sick as a dog.

我不是要避开你,我只是生病得厉害。

 

I had to go to the doctor on Monday because I was as sick as a dog all weekend.

我星期一得去看医生,因为我整个周末都病得厉害。

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * 

 

如果是轻微的不舒服,有一点生病或烦躁的感觉,可以用这个习语:

out of sorts

身体不适

 

I've been out of sorts for a day or two. I think I'm coming down with something.

我这两天都不太舒服。我想我要得病了。

 

The baby is out of sorts today. Perhaps he's cutting a tooth.

小婴儿今天很躁动的样子,可能他长牙了。

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * 

 

如果是想表达染上某病症,用这个表达:

come down with

染;得(某种病)

 

Susie came down with a bad cold and had to cancel her trip.

苏茜得了重感冒,只好取消了旅行。

 

I didn't go to work because I came down with the flu.

我没去上班,因为我得了流感。

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * 

 

如果你have a sore throat or a cough,嗓子干或疼痛,而且严重到影响到说话,可以用这个成语表达:

have a frog in one's throat

失音或嗓音嘶哑

 

Teaching was difficult today. I had a frog in my throat all morning.

今天上课很困难,我一早上都失音。

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * 

 

如果是需要动手术,就可以用这个成语来表达:

go under the knife

动手术

 

He was due to go under the knife today.

他约了今天动手术。

 

I've been under the knife several times.

我动过几次手术了。

 

相关课程
相关资讯
思源校区
Copyright © siyuanedu.com 思源教育
沪ICP备11008344号